I don’t know about you, but I am a huge fan of doughnuts… especially *HEALTHY* doughnuts, and this recipe has become one of my fall favorites. I can’t say no to pumpkin! I love to make a batch on Sundays to have for snacks or desserts throughout the week. Take a look below and let me know if you have a chance to try them! 😀
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's vanilla pea protein powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease doughnut pan (I use TJ's coconut oil spray.)
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet, mixing together, but not over mixing.
- Pour batter into doughnut pan, then sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Enjoy!